Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oprah Winfrey Quotes

Though I'm grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.
Oprah Winfrey

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
Oprah Winfrey

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
Oprah Winfrey

Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.
Oprah Winfrey


My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment..
Oprah Winfrey

You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once..
Oprah Winfrey

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Oprah Winfrey

For everyone of us that succeeds, it's because there's somebody there to show you the way out. The light doesn't always necessarily have to be in your family; for me it was teachers and school.
Oprah Winfrey

I always knew I was destined for greatness.
Oprah Winfrey

I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull.
Oprah Winfrey

Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.
Oprah Winfrey

I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
Oprah Winfrey

I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.
Oprah Winfrey

I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.
Oprah Winfrey

I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life..
Oprah Winfrey

I'm black, I don't feel burdened by it and I don't think it's a huge responsibility. It's part of who I am. It does not define me.
Oprah Winfrey

If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.
Oprah Winfrey

It isn't until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are - not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within - that you can begin to take control.
Oprah Winfrey

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
Oprah Winfrey

Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
Oprah Winfrey

My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.
Oprah Winfrey

My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.
Oprah Winfrey

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Oprah Winfrey

Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.
Oprah Winfrey

Turn your wounds into wisdom.
Oprah Winfrey

Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design.
Oprah Winfrey

Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.
Oprah Winfrey

We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
Oprah Winfrey

When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes.
Oprah Winfrey

Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
Oprah Winfrey

You are what you are by what you believe!
Oprah Winfrey

Be more splendid, more extraordinary. Use every moment to fill yourself up.
Oprah Winfrey

We are each responsible for our own life - no other person is or even can be.
Oprah Winfrey

What I know for sure is that what you give comes back to you.
Oprah Winfrey

Partake of some of life's sweet pleasures. And yes, get comfortable with yourself.
Oprah Winfrey

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.
Oprah Winfrey

The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
Oprah Winfrey

In every aspect of our lives, we are always asking ourselves, How am I of value? What is my worth? Yet I believe that worthiness is our birthright.
Oprah Winfrey

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
Oprah Winfrey

With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.
Oprah Winfrey

You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.
Oprah Winfrey

I believe that everyone is the keeper of a dream - and by tuning into one another's secret hopes, we can become better friends, better partners, better parents, and better lovers.
Oprah Winfrey

I don't move on logic. I move on my gut. And, I have a good gut.
Oprah Winfrey

Don't live your life to please other people.
Oprah Winfrey

Mr. Right is coming. But He's in Africa and he's walking.
Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice quote of Oprah Winfrey . Thanks for sharing this with us