Monday, October 18, 2010

Love Quotes

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.
Frank A. Clark

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Mahatma Gandhi

A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away.
Bil Keane

A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know.
Mistinguett


A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
Ingrid Bergman

A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
Rupert Brooke

A lady of forty-seven who had been married twenty-seven years and has six children knows what love really is and once described it for me like this: 'Love is what you've been through with somebody.'
James Thurber

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle

A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.
Woodrow Wyatt

A man in love is not complete until he is married. Then he is finished.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
George Jean Nathan

A pair of star-crossed lovers.
William Shakespeare

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness.
John Keats

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Bible - Ecclesiastes

A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.
Stendhal (Henri Beyle)

A woman knows the face of the man she loves like a sailor knows the open sea.
Honoré de Balzac

A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart.
William Shakespeare

Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Lucy Van Pelt
In Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz.

All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.
Julie Andrews

All mankind love a lover.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

All men, even the most surly are influenced by affection.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

All you need is love.
John Lennon & Paul McCartney

All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
Leo Tolstoy

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

And think not you can Direct the course of love, For love, If it finds you worthy, Directs your course.
Kahlil Gibran
The Prophet.

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.
Rose Franken

As soon go kindle fire with snow
As seek to quench the fire of love with words.
William Shakespeare

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
Plato

Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!
Homer Simpson

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love, though I'd stepped in it a few times.
Rita Rudner

Believe me if all those endearing young charms,
Which I gaze on so fondly today,
Were to change by tomorrow and fleet in my arms,
Like fairy gifts fading away!
Thou wouldst still be adored, as this moment thou art,
Let thy loveliness fade as it will
And around the dear ruin each wish of my heart
Would entwine itself verdantly still.
It is not while beauty and youth are thine own,
And thy cheeks unprofaned by a tear,
That the fervor and faith of a soul may be known,
To which time will but make thee more dear!
Oh the heart that has truly loved never forgets,
But as truly loves on to the close,
As the sunflower turns to her god when he sets
The same look which she turned when he rose!
Thomas Moore

Brief is life but love is long.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

But love is blind, and lovers cannot see
The pretty follies that themselves commit.
William Shakespeare

By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth.
Bible - Song of Solomon

Can miles truly separate you from friends....If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?
Richard Bach

Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?
Confucius

Celebrate all the things you don't like about yourself - love yourself.
Lady Gaga

Come live with me, and be my love,
And we will some new pleasures prove
Of golden sands, and crystal brooks,
With silken lines, and silver hooks.
John Donne

Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
Bible - Proverbs

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr

Do all things with love.
Og Mandino

Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?
Oscar Hammerstein II
In Cinderella.

Don't forget to love yourself.
Soren Kierkegaard

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
William Shakespeare

Down by the sally gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the sally gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.
William Butler Yeats

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
Mother Teresa

First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.
George Bernard Shaw

Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden.
T. S. Eliot

For God's sake hold your tongue, and let me love.
John Donne

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Judy Garland

For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.
Rainer Maria Rilke

For, you see, each day I love you more,
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
Rosemonde Gerard

Forget love... I'd rather fall in chocolate!
Author unknown

Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.
Charles Caleb Colton

Getting divorced just because you don't love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
Robert Browning

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
William Butler Yeats

Hatred can be overcome only by love.
Mahatma Gandhi

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama)

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
Charles Dickens

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
W. H. Auden

He who cannot love must learn to flatter.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

How absurd and delicious it is to be in love with somebody younger than yourself. Everybody should try it.
Barbara Pym

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
Albert Einstein

I am sick of women who love me. Women who hate me are much more interesting.
Oscar Wilde

I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes
James Joyce
Molly Bloom in Ulysses.

I believe that love cannot be bought except with love.
John Steinbeck

I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.
Javan (Steven Javan Jones)

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
Mother Teresa

I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved.
George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans)

I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! - and if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
Roy Croft

I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes, - and the stars through his soul.
Victor Hugo

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
Henry Ward Beecher

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.
Rabindranath Tagore

I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled.
Bible - Song of Solomon

I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are.
J. D. Salinger
Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye.

I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.
Woody Allen

I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands.
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.
William Butler Yeats

I, being, poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
William Butler Yeats

If I know what love is, it is because of you.
Herman Hesse

If music be the food of love, play on.
William Shakespeare

If you cannot inspire a woman with love of you, fill her above the brim with love of herself; all that runs over will be yours.
Charles Caleb Colton

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else. If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.
James M. Barrie

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
Mother Teresa

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
Winnie the Pooh

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.
Kahlil Gibran

If you love something, set it free; if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.
Author Unknown

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
Michel de Montaigne

If you want to be loved, be lovable.
Ovid

I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES.
Homer Simpson

Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you.'
Erich Fromm

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.
Erich Fromm

In love there are two things - bodies and words.
Joyce Carol Oates

In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love.
Marc Chagall

In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.
Hans Nouwens

Infatuation is when you think that he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Conners, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger, and nothing like Robert Redford--but you'll take him anyway.
Judith Viorst

It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know it has begun.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It is most unwise for people in love to marry.
George Bernard Shaw

It is sad not to be loved but it is much sadder not to be able to love.
Miguel De Unamuno

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.
Oscar Wilde

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
Bible - Song of Solomon

Let men tremble to win the hand of woman, unless they win along with it the utmost passion of her heart!
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Life is a flower of which love is the honey.
Victor Hugo

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
Kahlil Gibran

Like everybody who is not in love, he imagined that one chose the person whom one loved after endless deliberations and on the strength of various qualities and advantages.
Marcel Proust

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.
David Grayson

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do . . . but how much love we put in that action.
Mother Teresa

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion.
Javan (Steven Javan Jones)

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.
William Shakespeare

Love conquers all things.
Virgil

Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
Ranier Maria Rilke

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
James Baldwin

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones

Love gives itself; it is not bought.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.
Kahlil Gibran

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give — which is everything.
Author Unknown

Love hath made thee a tame snake.
William Shakespeare

Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love until you give it away.
Oscar Hammerstein

Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.
Voltaire

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.
Joan Crawford

Love is a game that two can play and both win.
Eva Gabor

Love is a great beautifier.
Louisa May Alcott

Love is a gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everybody else.
George Bernard Shaw

Love is a passion which kindles honor into noble acts.
John Dryden

Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise.
Victor Hugo

Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs.
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes.
Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears.
What is it else? a madness most discreet,
A choking gall and a preserving sweet.
William Shakespeare

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
Euripides

Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.
Leo Buscaglia

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.
Peter Ustinov

Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert Frost

Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses.
Lord Thomas Dewar

Love is being stupid together.
Paul Valery

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
Aristotle

Love is just another system for getting someone to call you darling after sex.
Julian Barnes

Love is like a flower: Once you pick it, it slowly dies.
Author unknown

Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.
Lisa Hoffman

Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Author unknown

Love is love's reward.
John Dryden

Love is metaphysical gravity.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Love is missing someone whenever you're apart,
But somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart.
Kay Knudsen

Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.
Mark Overby

Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket, or a holding pattern over Philadelphia.
Judity Viorst

Love is my religion - I could die for that.
John Keats

Love is not blind - it sees more not less;
But because it sees more it chooses to see less.
Rabbi Julins Gordon

Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
Lao Tzu

Love is only the dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.
William Somerset Maugham

Love is that splendid triggering of human vitality … the supreme activity which nature affords anyone for going out of himself toward someone else.
José Ortega y Gasset

Love is the best medicine, and there is more than enough to go around once you open your heart.
Julie Marie

Love is the child of illusion and the parent of disillusion.
Miguel de Unamuno

Love is the delusion that one man or woman differs from another.
H. L. Mencken

Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.
D. H. Lawrence

Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
John Lennon

Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
Pablo Picasso

Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life.
Smiley Blanton

Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.
Ben Hecht

Love is the only gold.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Love is the same as like except you feel sexier.
Judith Viorst

Love is the self-delusion we manufacture to justify the trouble we take to have sex.
Dan Greenburg

Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable.
Mahatma Gandhi

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.
Hoosier Farmer

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
H. L. Mencken

Love is the whole history of a woman's life, it is an episode in man's.
Germaine De Stael

Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old.
John Ciardi

Love is where smiles abound, spirits soar and joy is found.
Charles Dray

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.
And therefore is winged cupid painted blind.
William Shakespeare

Love makes time pass; time makes love pass.
French Proverb

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
Zora Neale Hurston

Love means not ever having to say you're sorry.
Eric Segal
In Love Story.

Love never claims, it ever gives; love never suffers, never resents, never revenges itself. Where there is love there is life; hatred leads to destruction.
Mahatma Gandhi

Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.
Michael Leunig

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
James Baldwin

Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.
Saint Thomas Aquinas

Love the heart that hurts you, but never hurt the heart that loves you.
Vipin Sharma

Love thy neighbor as thyself.
Bible - Leviticus

Love works a different way in different minds, the fool it enlightens and the wise it blinds.
John Dryden

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
Bible - St Matthew

Love, love, love - all the wretched cant of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures, a welter of self-induced miseries and joys, blinding and masking the essential personalities in the frozen gestures of courtship, in the kissing and the dating, and the desire, the compliments and the quarrels which vivify its barrenness.
Germaine Greer

Love. Of course, love. Flames for a year, ashes for thirty.
Giuseppi di Lampedusa

Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage.
Ambrose Bierce

Love? What is it? Most natural painkiller. What there is . . . love.
William S. Burroughs
His last words.

Love's like the measles - all the worse when it comes late in life.
Douglas Jerrold

Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Man's love is of man's life a thing apart;
Tis a woman's whole existence.
Lord Byron

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.
Bible - Song of Solomon

Men always want to be a woman's first love…women like to be a man's last romance.
Oscar Wilde

Money can't buy me love.
John Lennon & Paul McCartney

My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away.
Bible - Song of Solomon

My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.
Bible - Song of Solomon

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

No, there's nothing half so sweet in life
As love's young dream.
Thomas Moore

Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
Zelda Fitzgerald

Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.
Henry Kissinger

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June!
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune!
Robert Burns

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see each other whole against the sky.
Ranier Maria Rilke

One man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face.
William Butler Yeats

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.
Oscar Wilde

One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love.
Sophocles

People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.
Douglas Yates

Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain.
Leo Buscaglia

Platonic love is love from the neck up.
Thyra Samter Winslow

"Pooh, promise me you won't forget about me, ever. Not even when I am a hundred."
Pooh thought for a little.
"How old shall I be then?"
"Ninety-nine."
Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.
A. A. Milne
The House at Pooh Corner.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
Albert Einstein

Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.
Bible - Song of Solomon

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
William Shakespeare

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.
Winnie the Pooh

Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.
Mother Teresa

Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
Robert Browning

Tell me who admires you and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.
Charles Augustin Sainte-Beauve

Tenderness emerges from the fact that the two persons, longing, as all individuals do, to overcome the separateness and isolation to which we are all heir because we are individuals, can participate in a relationship that, for the moment, is not of two isolated selves but a union.
Rollo May

The art of love . . . is largely the art of persistence.
Albert Ellis

The best proof of love is trust.
Dr. Joyce Brothers

The course of true love never did run smooth.
William Shakespeare

The cure for all ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word 'love.' It is the divine vitality that everywhere produces and restores life.
Lydia Maria Child

The first duty of love - is to listen.
Paul Tillich

The great ambition of women is to inspire love.
Moliere

The hardest of all is learning to be a well of affection, and not a fountain; to show them we love them not when we feel like it, but when they do.
Nan Fairbrother

The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.
Jacques Benigne Bossuel

The heart was made to be broken.
Oscar Wilde

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
George Moore

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
Mother Teresa

The Love that dare not speak its name.
Lord Alfred Douglas

The love that moves the sun and other stars.
Dante Alighieri

The love we give away is the only love we keep.
Elbert Hubbard

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore M. Hesburgh

The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.
Anais Nin

The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.
Author Unknown

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence.
Edward Thomas

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
Victor Hugo

The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love.
Pearl Bailey

The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity - love. And the story of a love is not important - what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.
Helen Hayes

The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.
Alexandria Penney

The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
Mother Teresa

There is no disguise that can for long conceal love where it exists or simulate it where it does not.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

There is only one kind of love, but there are one thousand imitations.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

There is only one terminal dignity - love.
Helen Hayes

They do not love that do not show their love.
William Shakespeare

This is my commandment, that ye love one another.
Bible - St. John
Spoken by Jesus.

This maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.
Edgar Allan Poe

Those who look for reasons to hate miss opportunities to love.
Carmen Sylva

Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
Bible - Song of Solomo

Time is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice,
But for those who love,
Time is eternity.
Henry van Dyke
Read at funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales.

'Tis better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

'Tis brief, my lord…as woman's love.
William Shakespeare

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.
Anna Louise Strong

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
Bertrand Russell

To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.
Henry Drummond

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
Oscar Wilde

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Two souls with but a single thought,
Two hearts that beat as one.
Friedrich Halm

We are all born for love…it is the principle of existence and its only end.
Benjamin Disraeli

We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.
Luciano de Crescenzo

We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.
William Somerset Maugham

We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love.
Mother Teresa

We can do no great things; only small things with great love.
Mother Teresa

We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack.
Marie von Erner-Eschenbach

We perceive when love begins and when it declines by our embarrassment when alone together.
Jean de la Bruyere

We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
Tom Robbins

We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.
John Lennon

What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.
Pearl Bailey

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Emily Bronte

When he spoke, what tender words he used! So softly, that like flakes of feathered snow, They melted as they fell.
John Dryden

When I get older losing my hair many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a Valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?
John Lennon & Paul McCartney

When you love someone, you say their name different. Like it's safe inside your mouth.
Jodi Picoult

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.
Mahatma Gandhi

Where there is great love there are always miracles.
Willa Cather

Where there is love there is life.
Mahatma Gandhi

Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.
Boethius

Who, being loved, is poor?
Oscar Wilde

Whoso loves believes the impossible.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wild Nights! Wild Nights! were I with thee
Wild Nights would be our luxury.
Futile the winds to a heart in port, Gone with the compass
Gone with the chart--Rowing in Eden.
Ah the Sea! Might I but moor-- Tonight in thee.
Emily Dickinson

Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love - and to put its trust in life.
Joseph Conrad

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
Oscar Wilde

Women love men for their defects; if men have enough of them women will forgive them everything, even their gigantic intellects.
Oscar Wilde

Years of love have been forgot
In the hatred of a minute.
Edgar Allan Poe

Yes…whatever that may mean.
Charles, Prince of Wales
Heir to British throne when asked if he was in love.

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word.
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!
Oscar Wilde

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

You don't have to go looking for love when it's where you come from.
Werner Erhard

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama)

No comments: